Promotion of Key Personnel Supports Growth Initiatives
[GRAND RAPIDS, MI] – As Kent Companies’ national workforce surges past the 1,000 employee mark, the organization formally announces expansion into Austin, Texas and St. Louis, Missouri. CEO Jeff VanderLaan shares, “The Kent Companies story is marked by continuous growth and innovation. A new chapter begins with our offices in Austin and St. Louis.”
In Austin, Texas, Kent Companies provides mixed-use, high density, podium wrap-style concrete construction projects within the multi-family sector. Kent Companies Texas Multi-Family Division President Keith Collinsworth shares, “Growth in multi-family housing continues across the South and Southeast region. Our expansion into Central Texas stems from the demand for our specialized team. Our multi-family field team has established a solid reputation for delivering complex subterranean and multi-story projects for our key customers.” Collinsworth continues, “General contractors know our people, our processes and our work. It’s a natural extension for our team to operate in Austin as well.”
In St. Louis, Missouri, Kent Companies provides deep foundation solutions for general contractors, architects, geotechnical engineers and residential consumers. Executive Vice President Mike Wegman leads the Deep Foundation Solutions group. Wegman shares, “Our team provides a comprehensive solution for our Midwestern customers. From engineering services to wholesale distribution of helical and push piers and job site installation, we represent a turnkey solution for the industry. Our team members have in-depth experience in the design of structural repair systems. They also have deep ties to the local St. Louis community.”
“Opening new offices is an exciting milestone for the entire team,” notes VanderLaan. “As we grow, we remain focused on our people. We’ll continue to invest in their skills and in the technology and tools they need to serve our customers and our community. As always, our people are the cornerstone of our growth.”
Kent Companies announces the following hires and promotions across the country:
- Bryan Estopinal, Area Manager – Central Texas – Bryan Estopinal is promoted from Multi-Family Division Pre-Construction Manager to Area Manager for Kent Companies’ Austin, Texas operations. Estopinal holds responsibility for business development, operations and project delivery for Central Texas. He has been a member of the Kent Companies team for over five years.
- Lance Klein, Pre-Construction Manager – Multi-Family Division – Lance Klein is promoted from Multi-Family Division Project Manager to Pre-Construction Manager. Klein manages a team of three estimators and an estimating coordinator. He holds responsibility for business development and estimating for the Multi-Family Division in Dallas/Fort Worth.
- Victor Marshall, Operations Manager – Commercial Division – Victor Marshall joins the Kent Companies team as the Operations Manager for the Commercial Division in Dallas/Fort Worth. Marshall oversees daily operations and coordinates the activities of general superintendents and field superintendents serving the commercial, industrial and distribution warehouse sectors.
- Jeff Kihm, Regional Manager – Kent Companies Southeast – Jeff Kihm joins the Kent Companies team as the Regional Manager for Kent companies Southeast. Kihm holds responsibility for business development, operations and project delivery in Charlotte, North Carolina and the surrounding region. Kihm brings over 20 years of experience in leading the planning, design and construction of large, complex construction projects to the Kent Companies team.
- Steve Schmidt, Division Manager – Foundation Services in St. Louis, Missouri – Steve Schmidt is promoted from Regional Sales Manager for Helical Supply to the Division Manager for Foundation Services in St. Louis, Missouri. Schmidt assumes responsibility for business development, operations, engineering and installation activities for the commercial and residential markets.
- Jason Kabbara, P.E., Division Manager – Foundation Services in Central Ohio –Jason Kabbara joins the Kent Companies team as a Division Manager for Foundation Services in Central Ohio. Kabbara assumes responsibility for business development, operations, engineering and installation activities for the commercial and residential markets. He is a licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Ohio.
- Jeff Warchall, P.E., Division Manager – Foundation Services in Detroit, Michigan – Jeff Warchall is promoted from Engineering Services to Division Manager for Foundation Services in Detroit, Michigan and the surrounding region. Warchall assumes responsibility for business development, operations, engineering and installation activities for the commercial market, and he continues to provide engineering services for Kent Companies wholesale distribution clients across the Midwest. Warchall is a licensed Professional Engineer in the states of Michigan, Ohio, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, North Carolina and Texas.
- Josh Austin, General Superintendent – Foundation Services in Detroit, Michigan and Central Ohio – Josh Austin is promoted from Superintendent for Central Ohio Foundation Services to General Superintendent for Detroit, Michigan and Central Ohio foundation services. Austin is responsible for daily operations, manpower and job site installation.
About Kent Companies:
Kent Companies is a 3rd-generation family-owned business with expertise in commercial and industrial construction, mixed-use construction, multi-family housing, tilt-up concrete, post-tensioned cast in place structures and a full range of concrete-related specialties.
Kent Companies is headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan and has operations in Detroit, Michigan; Dallas and Austin, Texas; central Ohio; Charlotte, North Carolina and St. Louis, Missouri. Kent Companies employs over 1,000 concrete construction professionals nationwide, and the organization is ranked in the top 12 concrete contractors nationwide by ENR Magazine. The Kent Companies team has built a reputation as “Leaders in Concrete.”