Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Nominate Your Favorite Charity Now!
Why does our team give back to the community? There are a lot of great reasons.
- Our Mission. It’s part of the Kent Companies mission to invest in the communities in which we build.
- We’re in the people business. Your nominations. Your votes. Your favorite charities. It’s another way to put our people first in all we do.
- Common Ground. We’ve seen a lot of the same causes rise to the top for our team across the country. Over the last few years, we’ve actively supported causes for children, families and Veterans because our team gave them the most votes.
Kent Gives Back: How Does it Work?
- You nominate your favorite charity for consideration. If you don’t have a specific charity, just tell us what’s important to you (i.e. kids, cancer treatment centers, hunger relief, environment, etc.)
- Go here to submit a nomination: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KGB18
- Within a week, we’ll all vote on the submissions received.
- The organizations with the most votes will receive a donation from Kent Companies.
It takes less than a minute to get started. Click here to nominate your favorite charity or cause.
Nominations are due by Monday, April 30.
For questions on the Kent Gives Back program, email Leah Gradl.
Another successful MiCareerQuest in the books!
On April 25, over 9,000 students in West Michigan toured MiCareerQuest to discover new career paths in construction, health sciences, advanced manufacturing and information technology. Vice President Chris Fennema served as the chair for the concrete construction exhibit within the larger construction industry sector. Many members of the Grand Rapids team volunteered at the event.
This year’s exhibit included hands-on displays for concrete supply; forming, placing and finishing concrete and decorative concrete finishes. The interactive rebar walk proved to be one of the most popular displays once again.
Kent Companies Texas – Commercial Division
Haverty’s Warehouse Expansion
General Contractor: Kajima Building & Design Group
Location: Coppel, Texas
Haverty’s is a 157,000 square foot warehouse expansion including piers, tilt-wall panels, and the Commercial Division’s first Ductilcrete slab.