Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
All Hands Meeting – This Friday
December 13th – 1:30pm
Meet at the Fort Mill Office
Join us on Friday, December 13th to celebrate the year with the entire Kent Companies Southeast team! Our food truck will start serving at 1:30pm, and we’ll have a short presentation with company news and important updates at 2pm. We have a gift for everyone, and we’re looking forward to seeing you!
Two-Question Team Survey
We’re asking for your feedback so that we can improve your experience at Kent Companies. This two-question survey should take less than a minute to complete. We use your answers to improve operations at all levels. This survey is open through December 23.
Paid Time Off – Year End Reminders
Please note how your Paid Time Off (PTO) bank is treated as we move from 2019 to 2020. For any remaining vacation time after the week ending December 28th, the following will happen:
- Up to 40 hours will be rolled over to use in the following year (2020).
- Any unused time over 40 hours will be paid out in mid-January. This will be a separate check and will be direct deposited if you are set up for direct deposit.
- Your full PTO amount (based on years of service) will be granted on January 1st
If you have questions about your PTO, please contact Human Resources by calling 616-534-4909.
FSA Health & Dependent Care Open Enrollment
Contact HR no later than Thursday, December 12 if you want to enroll.
What are FSA Qualified Expenses?
Medical, dental vision, hearing and various therapies qualify for FSA. Click here for an explanation sheet.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Any allowable rollover amounts will be transferred appropriately.
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) plans allow you to set aside pre-tax dollars for out-of-pocket medical, dental and vision expenses and/or dependent care.
- To sign up, employees must complete this form. Click here for the Basic FSA and DCFSA Enrollment form.
- Click here for a guide to help you understand the Basic FSA plans.
- Return this form to Human Resources no later than Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
- If you have any questions at all, please contact Mindy or Sarah in Human Resources by calling 616-534-4909.
RED Nation – 2019
Here is our 2019 RED Nation video that debuted at year-end gatherings across all Kent Companies offices. You can also find it on our Kent Companies YouTube page, and we’ll text it out in a stand alone message at the end of the week.
Toolbox Talk: What are the Most Common Unsafe Behaviors?
Submitted by Butch Floyd, KSE Safety Manager
- Improper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Failure to use PPE – Either willingly or because of lack of care
- The use of defective equipment (tools, machines, PPE, etc.)
- Failure to perform pre-use equipment inspections
- Removal or failure to use Safety devices such as machine guards
- Operation of equipment at unsafe speeds
- Operation of equipment without proper authorization, training and/or qualifications
- Taking “shortcuts” to save time
How can you help your team work more safely?
- Always be on the lookout for potential hazards on the job.
- If you see a hazard, OWN IT! Don’t simply ignore a hazard. Take the time to correct the situation so no one else gets injured.
- Be your BROTHER’S KEEPER and watch for unsafe behaviors.
- If you see unsafe behaviors don’t be afraid to speak up! You may save a fellow employee’s life.
- If you do speak up about an unsafe behavior, be positive not negative. Teach them the right way!
Division 110 – GRPS
Division 110 – Grand Rapids Home for Veterans
Division 3910 – Safe Driving Class with Hanover Insurance
Thank you to the entire 3910 team for your attendance!