Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
The Charlotte Make it Happen Event is Wednesday, May 29th
Location: The Fort Mill Country Club
What is it?
The “Make it Happen” Event is our semi-annual employee appreciation event! The Charlotte team event is scheduled for Wednesday, May 29th at 3pm at the Fort Mill Country Club. We’ll provide a hearty meal, company-wide updates, cash giveaways and a gift for every employee. Attendance is highly encouraged.
Help Write Our New Safety Slogan
We need your help creating buzz for our safety programs nationwide. We’re looking for slogans that will help everyone remember why safety is our #1 Hallmark. We’ll use our new slogan on shirts, promo items, social media and more. The winning slogan will receive a $50 Visa gift card.
Submit your ideas here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YWY6CDW
Project Manager – Division 3110 – Grand Rapids
Are you looking for a change in your career? We’re currently looking for a Project Manager for our Restoration Services Division in Grand Rapids. Applications from all Kent Companies locations will be considered.
- Estimate/bid work from required drawings and specifications, create RFIs, prepare accurate takeoffs, follow-up with customers
- Put together takeoffs in Excel and proposals in Word
- Evaluate subcontractor or vendor pricing
- Explain plans, specifications and contract terms to field personnel
- Identify scope items which require submittals, prepare submittals, review/correct submittals as needed, and make sure crews understand shop/submittal information
- Identify opportunities for change orders on jobs, prepare COs, and process/track COs as needed
- Prepare closeout documentation for projects (warranties, O&M manuals, as-built drawings)
- Establish project objectives and relay to superintendent and foreman’s
- Evaluate manpower, schedule, and hold field leadership accountable to meet deadlines
- Identify and problem solve project problems and situations
- Work with vendors to ensure special or long-lead materials are ordered and on-site before they are needed
- Monitor productivity and material cost
- Review financial reports on a weekly basis and make adjustments as needed to complete jobs under budget
- Create project billing each month or as jobs are completed and make sure invoices are timely and accurate
- Assist with collections activity on overdue accounts
- Daily and weekly project scheduling
What kind of experience/skills are we looking for?
- 3-5 years’ experience in commercial construction
- Able to read and understand architectural and structural drawings
- Good understanding/knowledge of masonry construction
- Able to understand financial reports
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and field personnel
All applicants will be considered, and training will be provided. If you’re interested, please contact Mindy or Sarah in Human Resources.
Happy Memorial Day & Go RED!