Make the Most of your Annual Review
Annual reviews are for every member of the Kent Companies team. This is your opportunity for focused one-on-one time with your manager to review your performance and chart opportunities for growth. We want to hear your ideas, and we want to make this process all about YOU!
- Have a clear understanding of your job expectations – specifically, job description and goals for the year.
- Review your job expectations periodically – for example, quarterly – and ask if adjustments need to be made.
- Be open to feedback – in other words, thank your supervisor for it, ask questions for clarification, and ask for recommendations about how you can move forward.
- Let your manager know your professional development needs and opportunities.
- Wait until the review period to bring things up or “surprise” your supervisor.
- Be defensive.
- Make or take things personally.
- Complain – without good suggestions for improvement.
- Make excuses – without strong examples to support your view.
Access your Employee Handbook Online
Kent Companies employee handbooks are now available for 24/7 access on the Kent Companies website.
- Visit www.kentcompanies.com.
- Navigate to CAREERS > EMPLOYEE LINKS > EMPLOYEE HANDBOOKS
- Choose the handbook for your local office.
- Enter the password: redtothecore
Equifax Breach – What should you do?
If you have a credit report, there’s a good chance that you’re one of the 143 million American consumers whose sensitive personal information was exposed in a data breach at Equifax, one of the nation’s three major credit reporting agencies. Here’s what you should do:
- Visit Equifax’s website, www.equifaxsecurity2017.com.
- Find out if your information was exposed.
- Whether or not your information was exposed, U.S. consumers can get a year of free credit monitoring and other services.
(Submitted by Mindy Curtiss, Human Resources Director)
Kent Companies Recognized as a Leading Family-Owned Business
CEO Jeff VanderLaan and Vice President Chris Fennema were invited to share insight and best practices about leading a successful family-owned business.