Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Employee Updates & Resources for COVID-19
We understand the concerns you have about COVID-19. Business for us will continue as normal to the greatest extent possible, but we know that you have questions about how this situation will affect you.
As always, your health and safety are our priority. Kent Companies will follow guidelines set by local and national government entities. Clear communication will ensure you have information about company policies, procedures and the resources available to you.
Corporate Update – March 25, 2020
Corporate Update – March 18, 2020
Corporate Update – March 13, 2020
Please note the following guidelines. If you have questions, please contact your manager or the Human Resources team.
- Job site health & safety: Please follow CDC guidelines for hand washing and the use of sanitizer when soap/water are not immediately available.
- If you have a fever and flu-like symptoms, please stay home until you are no longer symptomatic. Remote work options are available in some situations.
- Any time off required to take care of your own sickness or to care for a dependent is classified as approved, unpaid leave. Notify your supervisor immediately via normal communication channels if you require time off.
- Your available PTO balance can be used to supplement your income while off work.
- If an extended leave becomes necessary, please notify HR immediately to discuss potential FMLA qualifying events.
Reporting of Cases at Kent Companies
If you or a family member tests positive for COVID-19 please contact Mindy Curtiss, HR Director immediately.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-534-4909
Kent Companies will notify employees if we are made aware of a confirmed case of COVID-19 among our employees.
Understanding Your Health Benefits
- Click here for instructions on how to access your BCBS/BCN account online.
- Health & Well-Being Resources from BCBS (no login required): Visit bcbsm.com/engage and click on the the Health and Well-being tab. You’ll information about the Coronavirus and tips about how to stay healthy during the cold and flu season in general.
Find Local Help & Resources
Dial 211 – If you need help finding food, paying housing bills or accessing other essential services, dial 211 to speak to someone who can help. 211 is a service of the United Way.
Managing Anxiety & Stress Related to COVID-19
Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations. The outbreak of COVID-19 may be stressful for you or members of your household. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Take steps to manage your stress and anxiety as a component of your overall health.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.