Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Two-Question Team Survey
We’re asking for your feedback so that we can improve your experience at Kent Companies. This two-question survey should take less than a minute to complete. We use your answers to improve operations at all levels. This survey is open through December 23.
End of Year Reminders
- 401(K) Open Enrollment is now through December 27, 2019. All enrollment forms are due to HR. Please contact Tanya Escobedo with questions.
- All offices will be closed on December 25, 2019 for Christmas Day and on January 1, 2020 for New Year’s Day.
- Update your address – If you have moved, please update your address at the office to ensure all end of the year correspondence gets to you.
RED Nation – 2019
Here is our 2019 RED Nation video that debuted at year-end gatherings across all Kent Companies offices. You can also find it on our Kent Companies YouTube page, and we’ll text it out in a stand alone message at the end of the week.
Join the Safety Committee
You can help make our job sites safer in the new year. Join the Safety Committee to share your ideas and help develop programs for the entire team. The Safety Committee meets once per month in the Lewisville office. Contact Carson Greenlee for more information. (email@example.com or 214-309-6456)
Toolbox Talk: What are the Most Common Unsafe Behaviors?
Submitted by Butch Floyd, KSE Safety Manager
- Improper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Failure to use PPE – Either willingly or because of lack of care
- The use of defective equipment (tools, machines, PPE, etc.)
- Failure to perform pre-use equipment inspections
- Removal or failure to use Safety devices such as machine guards
- Operation of equipment at unsafe speeds
- Operation of equipment without proper authorization, training and/or qualifications
- Taking “shortcuts” to save time
How can you help your team work more safely?
- Always be on the lookout for potential hazards on the job.
- If you see a hazard, OWN IT! Don’t simply ignore a hazard. Take the time to correct the situation so no one else gets injured.
- Be your BROTHER’S KEEPER and watch for unsafe behaviors.
- If you see unsafe behaviors don’t be afraid to speak up! You may save a fellow employee’s life.
- If you do speak up about an unsafe behavior, be positive not negative. Teach them the right way!
Multi-Family Division Year-End Celebration
Commercial Division – Year End Superintendents Lunch
Trench Safety Classes – December, January, February
The Safety, Training & Development teams are offering Trench Safety Training workshops in Dallas and Austin in December, January and February. As part of our commitment to industry-leading safety, we are inviting our general contractors to attend with our team. In this five-hour course, attendees learn the requirements of OSHA Subpart 9 – Trenching and Excavation Standards, and they will earn a formal certificate of completion: Trench Safety & Duties of the Qualified Person. For more information, contact Safety Manager Carson Greenlee ( firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-309-6456)
Central Texas – San Marcos Lofts
Dallas Multi-Family – Jefferson Texas Plaza
Dallas – Multi-Family – Westdale Carriage Square