Grand Rapids – Safety Engineer
Are you looking for a change in your career? We’re currently looking for a Safety Engineer in Grand Rapids!
The Safety Engineer will help to facilitate, promote and supply necessary resources to the field under the company’s current chain of safety leadership. They will coordinate uniform and consistent safety compliance between the various divisions. Position will include but is not limited to:
- Monitor and update current safety rules and Standard Operating Procedures. Convey any changes to the field.
- Lead and participate in safety committee meetings, events, stand downs, trainings, etc.
- Review all accident, injury and near miss investigations. Work with the field personnel involved to determine the underlying safety hazards or conditions that resulted in the incident where addressed and corrected.
- Coordinate Workers Compensation Claims
- Investigate all injuries
- Monitor and direct medical treatment
- Oversee the Return to Work Program
This position reports to the Regional Safety Manager, and will require frequent travel, including some overnight stays. Please see Mindy Curtiss or Sarah Miller in Human Resources if you’re interested in applying!
Application Deadline: Wednesday, December 4, 2019