Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Sign Up Now for the Annual Kent Companies Open
Saturday August 10, 2019
Quail Ridge Golf Club
8375 36th Street SE
Ada, Michigan 49301
- 7:00 a.m. Registration
- 8:00 a.m. Shotgun Start
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch
Cost: $25 per golfer, including 18 holes, cart, drink tickets, gift bag and lunch.
Join us for a day of fun, food & prizes on the greens! The outing is limited to the first 144 golfers who register. The deadline to register is Wednesday, July 31st.
Questions about the event? Contact Laurel Smitter by calling 616-534-4909 or by emailing email@example.com.
Division 110 – 10 Ionia Residence Inn by Marriott
General Contractor: Wolverine Building Group
10 Ionia is a 13-story iconic, modern flat iron building situated near Van Andel Arena, Monroe Mall & 20 Monroe Live in downtown Grand Rapids. Slated to open as a Residence Inn in late 2020, the building will feature 5,000 square feet of commercial space on the ground floor and 147 rooms on floors 2-13.
Heat Illness – Hydration Continues at Home
Hydration doesn’t stop when you leave the job site at the end of the day. During hot weather, you need to hydrate at home too. Continuing to drink water at night ensures your body is fully hydrated and prepared for work the next day. Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages, such as coffee, teas, and colas. These fluids tend to pull water from the body and promote dehydration.
If you feel ill from the heat, or if you notice the signs of heat illness in others, notify your foreman or superintendent FIRST.
Even if you feel the effects of heat illness after hours, you should contact your safety manager for help.
Save these contacts in your phone. You can call them at ANY TIME, even after traditional work hours.
- David DeGraaf 616-430-7092
- Carlton Aukeman 616-325-3598
- Todd Darling 616-291-3978
Safe Driving Class
Our thanks go to the Michigan State Police for leading safe driving classes in Grand Rapids, Traverse City and Redford over the past two weeks. We appreciate the officers sharing valuable information to help us become safer drivers.
Division 1910 is on a Roll!
Submitted by Kachine Creg, Project Manager
The Division 1910 team is delivering on the Four Hallmarks for customers across West Michigan. Here’s a quick look at what the crews have been up to lately.
- At a manufacturing facility in the Upper Peninsula, the team installed 91 piers with Kobelco. The depths on the piers ranged from 11 to 25 feet. Superintendent Rex Hart led the team with Mike Dulyea, Bryan Croel and Austin Gohl. This was a very fast job; it was only a week from lead discovery to job completion. The customer is very happy with our team. We could not have taken on this job without Tom Creg and crew, Brandon Kling and Gemichael Gardner stepping up back in Grand Rapids.
- We recently installed 9 tiebacks for a residential farmer. The customer wanted Rex to lead the crew, but he was at the manufacturing facility in the UP. We deployed a great team and delivered all Four Hallmarks in two days.