Benefits Updates, Job Post + Kent Gives Back
Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Aflac – New Contact Information
Aflac provides supplemental insurance to help pay out-of-pocket expenses your major medical insurance doesn’t cover. Our new Aflac representative is Sarah Meany, and her email is firstname.lastname@example.org. KCI employees can contact her regarding new policies and/or to make any changes to current elections.
Grand Rapids Job Posting: Layout Engineer
We are currently looking for a Layout Engineer in Grand Rapids!
- Lay out and assist Field Superintendents/Foremen with control points and lines on job sites.
- Operate and maintain robotic total station and all its components.
- The equipment, how it functions and its security are the Layout Engineer’s responsibility and no one else’s.
- Provide control points/lines requested by field superintendents.
- Assist with layout of anchor bolts and embeds.
- Request CAD files/blueprints from project managers to create project points.
- The Layout Engineer does not lay out points/lines for other trades unless specifically authorized by the Kent Companies Project Manager. Maintains record of all time spent doing work for other trades.
- Verify original control given by CM/GC.
- Order staking materials as needed.
- Manage layout time efficiently.
- Create layout (shop) drawings of embeds.
Strong math skills, basic knowledge of AutoCAD software, and Microsoft Excel and surveying experience are also strongly desired. All applicants will be considered, and training will be provided. If you are interested, please contact Mindy Curtiss or Sarah Miller in Human Resources.
Save the Date: Saturday, May 4th – 8am-12pm
We’re hosting a one-day hiring event on Saturday, May 4th in Grand Rapids, and we need your help to make this event a success! We’re conducting interviews and making job offers on the spot.
Candidates can interview on Saturday, and start with orientation on Monday. Additional start dates are available throughout May and June.
Help us Make it Happen:
- Refer Your Friends & Family: Remember, you can earn up to $600 in cash and work boot incentives when you refer qualified candidates to our team. They must list your name on their application.
- Share on Social Media: Get entered into a drawing for a $100 Visa card by sharing our One Day Hiring Event on Facebook. Make sure your privacy settings let us see that you’ve shared our event, or take a screenshot and send us proof that you shared it.
Stay tuned for more contests and prizes for the One Day Hiring Event.
Contact Mindy Curtiss or Sarah Miller with questions.
Craft Training Opportunities for the Entire Field Team
Craft training classes in Grand Rapids include:
- Concrete Foundations – Going on now!
- Concrete Flatwork & Paving – Begins May 8
- Shoring & Vertical Formwork – Begins May 29
We’re Making YOUR Community Better through Charitable Giving
Kent Companies Gives Back is how we fulfill our mission to give back in the communities where we build every day. All employees are welcome to nominate their favorite non-profit organizations to receive a charitable contribution from Kent Companies. Each year, we make over 30 grants across the country. YOU help us decide where we give!
Nominations are accepted through April 30, 2019.
Click here to nominate a charity for a gift.
New this year, an employee committee will help evaluate all nominations. You can volunteer to help with this process in your local office. The time commitment is one meeting (in person or virtual) in early May. Contact Leah Gradl with questions.
Sunrise over Studio Park – Grand Rapids
A Sneak Peek
These field leaders have something important to say. Stay tuned for a new video release later this month.