We continue to give back in the communities in which we build. We remain focused on the organizations that mean the most to you! Over the last two months, we’ve made gifts to the following organizations on behalf of Kent Companies employees.
- Guadalupe Rodriguez nominated the Susan G. Komen Foundation of Dallas County. He shared, “The Komen Foundation’s awareness walks give us all an opportunity to provide moral support and financial support to women facing breast cancer. This organization provides a lot of resources to the patients and their families as they face this disease.”
- Dave McCauley nominated Seeing & Believing. This organization helps underprivileged individuals gain access to prescription eyeglasses.
- Mark Tromp nominated the Spectrum Health Foundation. He shared, “My dad just had open heart surgery (5 by-passes). We’re fortunate to have hospital facilities in Grand Rapids with a great reputation. The Grand Rapids hospitals are generating the interest of the best doctors not only across the country but the world. My dad’s surgery was a success, and I can’t say enough about the care he was given.”
- Steve Clark nominated the Catawba Lands Conservancy, which conserves land throughout the Charlotte, North Carolina region. He shared, “I am a huge supporter of preserving nature. At work, we build commercial and mixed-use projects across the region. I think it’s our responsibility to take care of our green spaces too. A strong community needs both.”
- Thomas Chapin nominated the American Cancer Society. His family has been impacted by cancer. The Grand Rapids Hope Lodge provides low-cost accommodations and resources to patients and families receiving treatment in the Grand Rapids area.
- Keith Collinsworth nominated the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation. “It’s great to help kids learn life skills through sports. This foundation creates opportunities for sports to make a positive impact in underprivileged communities.”