Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Save the Date! Safety Training Classes Next Week!
Mark your calendar for two training classes offered in the Shop. The course instructor is Safety Manager Butch Floyd. These are paid training opportunities.
First Aid/CPR/AED Class – Tuesday, August 13th at 7:30 am
This class teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage an emergency until emergency medical services arrives. Skills covered in this course include first aid; choking relief in adults, children, and infants; and what to do for sudden cardiac arrest in adults, children, and infants. This course teaches skills with the American Heart Association’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
Qualified Rigger Class – Wednesday, August 14th at 7:30 am
Course topics Include:
- OSHA regulations, §1926 and §1910
- Wire rope, synthetic, round and chain slings and proper use
- Rigging hardware and proper use
- Below-the-hook lifting devices
- Pre-use sling and gear inspection
- Softeners and sling protection
- Sling hitches and applications
- How to verify working load limit
- Sling & hardware rating charts
- Sling angles and angle stress
- Load balance and center of gravity
- How to determine load weight
- Manufacturer’s instructions
- Understanding the fall zone
- Taglines and their proper use
- Power line safety
- Safety while working around cranes
On-going safety training and toolbox talks are part of our commitment to safety and our investment in our team. Contact Butch Floyd with questions about these training opportunities by calling 803-372-4560.