Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Merry Christmas to All!
Two-Question Team Survey
We’re asking for your feedback so that we can improve your experience at Kent Companies. This two-question survey should take less than a minute to complete. We use your answers to improve operations at all levels.
This survey is open through Monday, December 23.
Paid Time Off – Year End Reminders
Please note how your Paid Time Off (PTO) bank is treated as we move from 2019 to 2020. For any remaining vacation time after the week ending December 28th, the following will happen:
- Up to 40 hours will be rolled over to use in the following year (2020).
- Any unused time over 40 hours will be paid out in mid-January. This will be a separate check and will be direct deposited if you are set up for direct deposit.
- Your full PTO amount (based on years of service) will be granted on January 1st
If you have questions about your PTO, please contact Human Resources by calling 616-534-4909.
Grand Rapids – Layout Engineer
Are you looking for a change in your career? We are currently looking for a Layout Engineer in Grand Rapids!
Details include but are not limited to:
- Layout and assist Field Superintendents/Foreman with control points and lines on the jobsites.
- Operate and Maintain robotic total station and all its components
- Provide control points / lines requested by field superintendents
- Assist with layout of anchor bolts and embeds
- Request CAD files / blueprints from project managers to create project points
- Verify original control given by CM/GC
- Order staking materials as needed
- Manage layout time efficiently.
- Create layout (shop) drawings of embeds
Strong math skills, basic knowledge of AutoCAD software, and Microsoft Excel and surveying experience are also strongly desired.
All applicants will be considered, and training will be provided. If you are interested, please contact Mindy or Sarah in Human Resources.
Divisions 3210 and 3810 – End of Year Meeting
Financial Peace University – January 2020
Wednesday Evenings – 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
January 29th through March 27th – Nine Weeks
Location: Kentwood Community Church – 1200 60th Street Southeast Kentwood, MI 49508
There is a special incentive available for all Grand Rapids employees and spouses to enroll in Financial Peace University, a nine-week money management course from Dave Ramsey.
Here’s how it works:
- Kent Companies will pay for half the costs of the materials up front, and will reimburse the employee for their half of the cost if the employee attends at least 7 out of the 9 classes. That means you pay $50 up front to enroll, but you are fully reimbursed if you attend at least seven classes.
- All employees and their spouses are eligible to attend the class.
- The employees will NOT be paid for their time in class.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Amy Vega by calling 616-534-4909.
Division 110 – Peckham Community Partnership Foundation
Thanks to the team who worked on the foundations for Peckham’s Gateway to Inclusion art installation in Lansing. Kent Companies donated a portion of the cost and manpower for this project. We received a recognition letter from the President & CEO of Peckham. He shared, “Thank you for your generous donation. Through your generosity, we have added a meaningful public art installation in the Lansing area.”
Submitted by Dave Schoonbeck, COO
Division 110 – Flexco
Here’s the first start day at Flexo on December 17th. The team faced cold weather as they shook out steel.
Division 110 – 100 Ottawa
Division 110 – Franklin Apartments