Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Top 6 Things to Know about the Make it Happen Scholarship Program
If you have a college-aged student in your household, the Make it Happen (MIH) Scholarship Program is an employee benefit you need to share with your students right now. Here’s what you need to know:
- The MIH Scholarship Program is a benefit for full-time Kent Companies employees.
- We believe that it’s important to invest in the Kent Family, and that includes creating opportunities for the children and dependents of full-time employees. The applicant must be the legal dependent child of a full time Kent Companies employee and be under the age of 26.
- We’ve awarded over $28,000 in the past four years.
- We’ve granted scholarships to Kent families across the Midwest, Southeast and Texas area. This program is for the entire Kent Family!
- The MIH Scholarship Program is available for traditional four-year college AND trade school students.
- We believe there are a lot of ways to build a successful, life-long career.
- Scholarships are awarded according to the Merit Shop Philosophy.
- Every scholarship application goes through a double-blind review, and we use a scorecard to award points for leadership, community service and essays. The highest point earners receive the largest scholarship awards.
- Previous winners are encouraged to re-apply!
- We’ve had several multi-year winners in the MIH Scholarship Program. If your student earned a scholarship in the past, they are welcome to apply for the program again. They must complete the entire application.
- Applications are due March 31, 2019.
Contact your Human Resources manager for questions about the MIH Scholarship Program.
Now Forming: Technology Committee
We’re forming a Technology Committee to help evaluate technology needs and plan the next wave of new technology for our team. This committee will meet approximately once per month over the next 12-18 months to research, evaluate and prioritize technology needs across the entire Kent Companies organization.
A successful committee has representation from the field, project management and business operations teams across the country. Will you join us?
Email Dave Schoonbeck if you’d like to be involved.
Coming Soon: Kent Companies Gives Back
An important part of our mission is to give back in the communities where we build every day. This April, you’ll have the opportunity to nominate your favorite non-profit organization to receive a charitable gift from Kent Companies.
Watch the RED Feed for the nomination form. We’ll accept nominations in April, and we’ll announce our recipients in May.