Open Enrollment, 810 Contract Awards & Kudos
Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
What is open enrollment & why is it important?
Open enrollment is a specific time period when you can freely enroll in or make changes to your medical, dental and other insurance benefits. Typically, you have to wait for a “qualifying life event” (like getting married or having a baby) to make changes to your insurance plan. Think of open enrollment like a grace period that allows you to make changes mid-year. In other words…open enrollment is the best time to adjust your benefits so they are the best fit for you!
Open enrollment is going on now through June 30th.
To add or change benefits, please contact Human Resources right away.
- Grand Rapids, Traverse City, St. Louis: Sarah Miller
- Redford: Liz Schwendemann
- Ohio: Laura Armstrong
- Southeast: Crystal McLaughlin
- Texas: Tanya Escobedo
Division 810 – Broadway 1200 Apartments – Ann Arbor, MI
General Contractor: Rockford Construction
About the project:
Broadway 1200 Apartments includes the installation of 192,000 SF of sound mat and underlayment on the 2nd – 7th floors of a light-gauge metal building. This project requires 600+ rolls of sound mat and 11,000 bags of underlayment, making it one of the largest projects to date from Rockford Construction.
Photos submitted by Project Engineer Jacob Otto
Division 110 – Studio Park Canopy – June 2019
Toolbox Tips: Ladder Safety
Falls are one of the leading causes of injuries on the job. Take extra time to ensure ladders are safe across your job site.
- Do not use makeshift ladders, and inspect the ladder before use.
- Never use a ladder that has broken or missing rungs or other defects.
- If you are not the one using the ladder, stay back from it to avoid falling objects and the chance of tipping the ladder.
For additional safety protocol to avoid slips, trips and falls, contact your safety managers.
Division 110 – WMU – ZERO Safety Issues
Kudos to Darryl Charles, Mike Garland and Chris Lapekas on your safety leadership at the WMU job site. Safety Manager Dave DeGraaf reported that WMU had zero safety issues on a recent MIOSHA CET walk through.
Grand Rapids – Office Coordinator – Full Time
Kent Companies is seeking an organized, energetic and self-motivated individual to assist with the following:
- Primary duties involve welcoming guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; and answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Also oversees cleanliness of office, directing cleaning staff and monitoring break areas for cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service and office experience required.
- Ability to multi-task, and operate a multi-line phone system.
- Bilingual individual strongly preferred.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
Please see Mindy Curtiss or Sarah Miller in HR if you are interested in applying!
Application Deadline: Friday, June 14, 2019
Kent Companies Texas – Commercial Division Wins Platinum Project Award
The American Subcontractors Association-North Texas Chapter awarded a Platinum project award to Arlington Logistics. The Texas Commercial Division performed the comprehensive concrete scope of work for the project. They placed over 1,250,000 square feet of slab on grade and set over 300 tilt-wall concrete panels across two buildings. Another 1,150,000 square feet of concrete paving completed the project. The Commercial Division team delivered the entire project on time and with zero lost time accidents.
(Left to Right: Wes Marek, Victor Marshall, Lance Ross, Luis Mendez, Erasmo Joaquin)
Division 3910 – St. Louis – Welcome Tim Meyer
Join us in welcoming Division Manager Tim Meyer to the St. Louis team! Tim assumes responsibility for all Division 3910 operations including commercial and residential sales performance, production and safety. Tim offers decades of experience in the foundation industry, and a tremendous network throughout the St. Louis area. Welcome, Tim!
Division 810 – The Farwell Building Comes Full Circle
After 35 years of vacancy, Capital Park is ready for new occupancy. The Farwell Building is slated for open later this year. The building interior has progressed tremendously since Division 810 worked on site. Click here to read the entire article in Curbed Detroit.