Open Enrollment, Division 110 Photos & Safety Kudos
Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
What is open enrollment & why is it important?
Open enrollment is a specific time period when you can freely enroll in or make changes to your medical, dental and other insurance benefits. Typically, you have to wait for a “qualifying life event” (like getting married or having a baby) to make changes to your insurance plan. Think of open enrollment like a grace period that allows you to make changes mid-year. In other words…open enrollment is the best time to adjust your benefits so they are the best fit for you!
Open enrollment is going on now through June 30th.
To add or change benefits, please contact Human Resources right away.
- Grand Rapids, Traverse City, St. Louis: Sarah Miller
- Redford: Liz Schwendemann
- Ohio: Laura Armstrong
- Southeast: Crystal McLaughlin
- Texas: Tanya Escobedo
Do you remember your first day on the job?
Day one is exciting, and it also comes with a lot of questions. When you were new, who took you under their wing? Who helped you find your way?
Mentors are important at every stage in your career. They’re especially important for new members of our team.
Kent Companies Pathfinders are mentors who help our team become successful. They remember what it’s like to be new on the job, and they want to help others find success too.
Nominations are open now through June 13th for the 2019 Pathfinder program.
Click here to apply to become a Pathfinder or to nominate a colleague for the Pathfinder program.
Pathfinder/Mentee matches will last from June-November. We will announce match-ups with new hires and hold a kick-off program soon.
For questions, contact Chris Fennema or call 616-534-4909.
Division 110 – Studio Park Canopy – June 2019
Photos submitted by Project Engineer Jacob Otto
Division 110 – GRPS SW Community Campus – June 2019
Photos submitted by Chris Fennema & Jacob Otto
Division 3910 – St. Louis – Welcome Tim Meyer
Join us in welcoming Division Manager Tim Meyer to the St. Louis team! Tim assumes responsibility for all Division 3910 operations including commercial and residential sales performance, production and safety. Tim offers decades of experience in the foundation industry, and a tremendous network throughout the St. Louis area. Welcome, Tim!
Kent Companies Texas – Commercial Division Wins Platinum Project Award
The American Subcontractors Association-North Texas Chapter awarded a Platinum project award to Arlington Logistics. The Texas Commercial Division performed the comprehensive concrete scope of work for the project. They placed over 1,250,000 square feet of slab on grade and set over 300 tilt-wall concrete panels across two buildings. Another 1,150,000 square feet of concrete paving completed the project. The Commercial Division team delivered the entire project on time and with zero lost time accidents.
(Left to Right: Wes Marek, Victor Marshall, Lance Ross, Luis Mendez, Erasmo Joaquin)
Toolbox Tips: Ladder Safety
Falls are one of the leading causes of injuries on the job. Take extra time to ensure ladders are safe across your job site.
- Do not use makeshift ladders, and inspect the ladder before use.
- Never use a ladder that has broken or missing rungs or other defects.
- If you are not the one using the ladder, stay back from it to avoid falling objects and the chance of tipping the ladder.
For additional safety protocol to avoid slips, trips and falls, contact your safety managers.
Division 110 – WMU – ZERO Safety Issues
Kudos to Darryl Charles, Mike Garland and Chris Lapekas on your safety leadership at the WMU job site. Safety Manager Dave DeGraaf reported that WMU had zero safety issues on a recent MIOSHA CET walk through.
Grand Rapids – Office Coordinator – Full Time
Kent Companies is seeking an organized, energetic and self-motivated individual to assist with the following:
- Primary duties involve welcoming guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; and answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Also oversees cleanliness of office, directing cleaning staff and monitoring break areas for cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service and office experience required.
- Ability to multi-task, and operate a multi-line phone system.
- Bilingual individual strongly preferred.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
Please see Mindy Curtiss or Sarah Miller in HR if you are interested in applying!
Application Deadline: Friday, June 14, 2019