RED Code – Angel Ramirez + Training Updates
Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Angel Ramirez & the Golden Rule
The RED Code is our rule book for success at Kent Companies. General Superintendent Angel Ramirez from the Dallas Multi-Family Division shares his perspective on leadership and treating others the way you want to be treated.
Open enrollment is going on now through June 30th.
Open enrollment is the only time of the year when you can freely enroll in or make changes to your medical, dental and other insurance benefits. Otherwise, you have to wait for a “qualifying life event” (like getting married or having a baby) to make changes to your insurance plan. If you need to make changes to your insurance, retirement contributions or related benefits, now is the time.
Contact Human Resources before June 30th:
- Grand Rapids, Traverse City, St. Louis: Sarah Miller
- Redford: Liz Schwendemann
- Ohio: Laura Armstrong
- Southeast: Crystal McLaughlin
- Texas: Tanya Escobedo
Toolbox Talk: Avoiding the Time Crunch
Rushing at any job is a breeding ground for accidents. Statistics from one insurance company show that 92 percent of the time, the reason accidents occur is because workers aren’t doing their tasks properly because they are rushing, taking short cuts or skipping steps.
Rushing is human nature.
- It’s human nature to want to get a job done as quickly as possible.
- Many of us also grew up being told that it’s important to accomplish as much as we can.
- But what we often aren’t told is that rushing can result in accidents, errors, and more time spent in the long run.
We need to do our jobs correctly and safely. Be aware of your tendency to rush and the consequences.
The consequences of being in too much of a hurry are:
- Accidents involving yourself and co-workers
- Mistakes which can result in unhappy customers
- Product damage or loss, and poor quality work
Rushing can also have long-term consequences including:
- Serious injury and long-term pain
- Costly medical bills
- The possibility of a disabling injury, putting you out of work
- The loss of income from being out of work
- At worst, a fatality!
Don’t sacrifice job site safety for a time crunch. Ask for help and instruction to complete the job in the safest way. Your safety managers are always available to answer your questions.
Safe Driving Classes – Michigan Offices
All CDL/Chauffeur Drivers should save the date for the following classes. A light breakfast will be provided.
- Grand Rapids: Tuesday, July 16, 6am-8am at 84th Street Grille
- Traverse City: Thursday, July 18th, 6am-8am in the shop
- Redford: Tuesday, July 23, 6am-8am in the shop
Watch the RED Feed for registration links.