Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Working the RED Code: Dante Rogers
The RED Code is our rule book for success at Kent Companies. Division 110 Patch Crew Lead Dante Rogers shared his perspective on leadership and teamwork on the job site.
Stay tuned for more RED Code videos coming soon. Contact us if you’re interested in sharing what the RED Code means to you.
Division 110 – Studio Park
Studio Park includes retail, housing, restaurants, a movie theater, music venues, an outdoor piazza, office space, and parking garage – all situated in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids. The Kent Companies team continues to deliver on all Four Hallmarks for Pioneer Construction.
March 12th, 2019 Photos Courtesy Vice President Chris Fennema:
Want free boots? You know the right people.
Earn up to $600 when you help us put more boots on the ground!
What’s the deal?
You can earn up to $450 in gift cards and a $150 certificate for Mieras or Red Wing boots when you refer experienced job candidates to Kent Companies.
What’s in it for you?
You get rewarded with these perks when we hire your referral, and they hit key milestones.
- $100 Visa gift card when they hit the 30 day mark.
- This spring, we’re paying an extra $100 Visa card for candidates with 2+ years of construction experience. This booster is paid at the 30 day mark.
- $250 Visa gift card when they hit the 90 day mark.
- $150 certificate for Mieras or Red Wing boots for candidates with 3+ years of experience. You get new boots when they hit the 90 day mark.
This is a total $600 value for the most qualified candidates for our team. Remember, the candidate must list your name on their job application. You know the right people. Invite them to apply online!
601 Bond & Project Rapids Receive Awards from the Michigan Concrete Association
In late February, the Michigan Concrete Association (MCA) recognized 601 Bond and Project Rapids with Awards of Excellence. Both projects are contenders for the Associated Builders & Contractors Excellence in Construction Awards later this year. Executive Vice President Matt Fennema congratulated the project teams for both job sites.
“Both 601 Bond and Project Rapids demonstrate how our team comes together to do the right things for our customers. Because of your hard work and commitment, we stand out in the local, regional and national market. General Contractors ask for the Kent Companies team by name. They know we’ll deliver.”
American Subcontractors Association Honors Kent Companies with a National Excellence in Ethics Award
For the third year in a row, the National American Subcontractors Association recognized our team with an Excellence in Ethics award at the annual SUBExcel conference. The award is granted to contractors who demonstrate the highest level of integrity in safety, business operations, policies and employee engagement.
Division 3110 – 50 Monroe
Submitted by Dustin Nagelkirk, Project Manager
The Division 3110 team is nearly finished with the largest project in division history. The project for Owens Ames Kimball extended throughout winter and the past year. Kudos to Jeremy Kelley and his team on delivering on the Four Hallmarks throughout the entire project.
Division 110 – Western Michigan University
Adam, Steffan, Rueben, Chris and Juan are helping Western Michigan University take shape quickly!
In case you missed it…
- Make it Happen Scholarships are due March 31st. If you have college-aged dependents in your family, click here to start an application.
- An updated PTO Policy for KCI employees took effect January 1, 2019. PTO now resets annually at the beginning of the calendar year. Read the policy here.
- Grand Rapids Internal Job Posting: Yard & Shop Laborer – If you’re interested in a career change, please contact Mindy Curtiss or Sarah Miller.
- A Technology Committee is now forming to help evaluate technology needs and plan the next wave of new technology for our national team. Email Dave Schoonbeck if you’d like to be involved.
- The Unum open enrollment period is now through April 1st. This is our voluntary life & accidental death and dismemberment plan. Contact Mindy Curtiss or Sarah Miller for more information.
- Earn a $25 finder’s fee when you send referrals for residential concrete raising and new concrete to Divisions 410/3410, and we sign the job. Send your friends to www.kenthomeservices.com and remind them to list your name!
- Grand Rapids craft training classes are going on NOW! Click here to see the complete list of courses this spring. Remember, Blue Print Reading 2 is this Friday, from 2pm-5pm in the Grand Rapids training room.