Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Applications Now Open!
What is it?
The Make it Happen Scholarship Program is another way we give back to the Kent family. Each year, scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate the highest level of integrity and commitment to pursuing their goals for their career. Applications for the Kent Companies Scholarship Program are accepted January 1 – March 31 each year. In the past three years, we’ve awarded over $20,000 in scholarships to the children and dependents of full-time Kent Companies employees.
- Applicant must be the legal dependent child of a full time Kent Companies employee and be under the age of 26.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time in a college, university or technical/trade school.
- Applicant must have a 3.0 grade point average. High school or College grade transcripts must be submitted with all applications.
- Applicants who have applied previously must complete the entire application process in order to be considered.
How to Apply:
Download an application by clicking here. The applicant is responsible for submitting the following items by March 31st:
- Application form
- Official transcript of grades
- Two letters of recommendation
If you have questions about the scholarship program, eligibility or application process, contact Mindy Curtiss in Human Resources or call 616-534-4909.
Updates for KCI and KCSE 401(k) Participants
The transition from Transamerica to Macatawa Bank is complete, and participants will be mailed a welcome letter with login instructions very soon. If you would like to access your account before receiving the welcome letter, here are website and mobile app instructions. Both have been tested by the Kent HR team, and they can answer any questions you may have.
Questions about your benefits?
If you have questions about the 401(k) transition, contact Mindy Curtiss in Human Resources or call 616-534-4909.
Division 110 – 351 Western, Muskegon, Michigan
- Click here to see the drone video of 351 Western, a project for Clifford Buck Construction
Facebook Algorithm Updates…and How YOU Can Help
Facebook recently announced changes to their algorithm to ensure you have a better experience connecting with family and friends when you log in. That’s great news for everyone on the platform.
At Kent Companies, we use Facebook to showcase our team’s accomplishments. We’re more than concrete…we’re a team of real people who work hard every day. We use Facebook to tell our story.
However, we also rely on Facebook to help recruit the best talent. We can use the size of the entire Kent family to make these changes work in our favor.
Here are some ways that you can help boost the Kent Companies Facebook page:
- React to our posts. A reaction such as “Wow” or “Love” is worth more than a “Like.”
- Comments are worth their weight in gold. Comments demonstrate engagement to Facebook. Comments tell them our content is relevant and thus should be shown in the news feed.
- Invite friends to “Like” the Kent Companies page. On your phone, visit the corporate Facebook page. Scroll down to Community, and click “Invite Friends to Like this Page.” If you’re on a desktop, click the elipsis (…) just below the cover photo. Then click ‘Invite Friends.”
- Remember, YOU are an influencer. When you share our posts, you kick-start our growth and reach among our very own families, friends, customers, communities and future talent.
Facebook has decided to show you less business and media content, and more “people content” — content from individual users. Kent Companies is in the people business, and with your help, we can continue to grow our reach!
Follow Us on Social Media
- Kent Companies on Facebook
- Kent Home Services on Facebook
- Kent Companies on YouTube
- Kent Companies on LinkedIn