Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Join Us for the Annual Kent Companies Open
Saturday August 10, 2019
Quail Ridge Golf Club
8375 36th Street SE
Ada, Michigan 49301
- 7:00 a.m. Registration
- 8:00 a.m. Shotgun Start
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch
Cost: $25 per golfer, including 18 holes, cart, drink tickets, gift bag and lunch.
Join us for a day of fun, food & prizes on the greens! The outing is limited to the first 144 golfers who register. The deadline to register is Wednesday, July 31st.
Questions about the event? Contact Laurel Smitter by calling 616-534-4909 or by emailing email@example.com.
Division 110 – Studio Park
Parking Deck Topping Off
8 Questions to Ask about Every Excavation
Every excavation must be inspected by an Excavation Competent Person BEFORE any work may begin in an excavation. The Competent Person must check for numerous hazards that could affect workers inside of the excavation. For example:
- Is the dirt cohesive? What type soil is it?
- Is the dirt too wet to hold or is there a high-water table?
- Are there any utility lines or other type of fill materials in the excavation?
- Is rain in the immediate forecast and if so, what effect will it have on the excavation?
- Are there any vehicle or pedestrians in the immediate area that need to be warned/barricaded?
- Is there any undermining of existing foundations, buildings, or paving, etc.?
- Is there anything in the area of the excavation causing excessive vibrations that could cause a collapse?
- Do we need sloping, benching, shoring, or trench boxes?
A Competent Person must inspect the excavation every day prior to work beginning and after any event such as rain that could change the excavation.
If you have questions about excavations or ideas about training, contact your local safety manager.
Have a happy & safe 4th of July!