Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Craft Training Starts Next Week!
Craft training classes are now open for all field personnel!
You asked for more hands-on training to advance your career, and we have opportunities for you to get started right away. The first set of classes begin February 27th.
- Concrete Foundations
- Concrete Flatwork & Paving
- Shoring & Vertical Formwork
Who should enroll in craft training classes?
- This training is available for all field personnel who want to master the basics of concrete construction and add to their technical skills.
How do I sign up for training classes?
- Click here to access training classes listed on KentCompanies.com.
- Expand the list for Grand Rapids.
- You will see class descriptions and dates.
- Sign up for the classes that will help you improve in the field.
- You must inform your superintendent of your plans to attend each course so they can plan manpower accordingly.
- Courses include 2-4 workshop sessions. By enrolling in the course once, you will be enrolled in all sessions.
- Mark your calendar for all workshops in each course. We’ll also send reminders.
- If you register for a class, you are expected to attend and participate.
- Each class is limited to 20 participants.
Spring 2019 Craft Training Classes:
- Rebar and Post Tension – All classes to be held at Byron Commerce
- Rebar Level 1 – February 27, 2pm to 5pm
- Rebar Level 2 – March 6, 2pm to 5pm
- Post Tension 1 – March 13, 2pm to 5pm
- Post Tension 2 – March 20, 2pm to 5pm
- Concrete Foundations – 60th St. Training Room and Yard
- Footings – Classroom, April 10, 2pm to 5pm
- Footings – Hands On, April 17, 2pm to 5pm
- Walls – Classroom, April 24, 2pm to 5pm
- Walls – Hands On, May 1, 2pm to 5pm
- Concrete Flatwork and Paving – 60th St. Training Room and Yard
- Flatwork/Paving – Classroom, May 8, 2pm to 5pm
- Flatwork/Paving – Classroom and Hands On, May 15, 2pm to 5pm
- Flatwork/Paving – Hands On, May 22, 2pm to 5pm
- Shoring and Vertical Formwork – 60th St. Training Room and Yard
- Shoring: 10k – Classroom and Hands On, May 29, 1pm to 5pm
- Shoring: Loose – Classroom and Hands On, June 5, 1pm to 5pm
- Shoring: Doka – Classroom and Hands On, June 12, 1pm to 5pm (guest speaker – Jason Barber from Doka)
- Vertical Forming – Classroom and Hands On, June 19, 1pm to 5pm
Contact Chris Fennema with questions about these classes or to share ideas for future topics. (email: Chrisf@kentcompanies.com or call 616-534-4909)
Want free boots? You know the right people.
Earn up to $600 when you help us put more boots on the ground!
What’s the deal?
You can earn up to $450 in gift cards and a $150 certificate for Mieras or Red Wing boots when you refer experienced job candidates to Kent Companies.
What’s in it for you?
You get rewarded with these perks when we hire your referral, and they hit key milestones.
- $100 Visa gift card when they hit the 30 day mark.
- This spring, we’re paying an extra $100 Visa card for candidates with 2+ years of construction experience. This booster is paid at the 30 day mark.
- $250 Visa gift card when they hit the 90 day mark.
- $150 certificate for Mieras or Red Wing boots for candidates with 3+ years of experience. You get new boots when they hit the 90 day mark.
This is a total $600 value for the most qualified candidates for our team. Remember, the candidate must list your name on their job application. You know the right people. Invite them to apply online!
Kent Companies Drug & Alcohol Policy
Our Alcohol and Drug Policy completely prohibits the use or possession of alcohol or drugs on Kent Companies property, on our job sites or while operating our vehicles and equipment, regardless of the prevailing law.
The law allows employers to have zero tolerance policies. We are a zero-tolerance workplace because it’s our duty to provide a safe work environment for our team, our subcontractors and our customers.
- Possessing, using or being impaired by marijuana is prohibited.
- All employees are subject to drug and alcohol testing at hire and throughout your career.
- If you test positive for any drugs or alcohol, your employment will be terminated immediately.
Our team is growing nationwide. Our projects are increasingly challenging and complex. And, our customers expect us to be leaders in the industry.
We cannot sacrifice our job site safety with drug or alcohol impairment.
Make it Happen Scholarships – 6 Weeks to Go!
The Make it Happen Scholarship program is another way we give back to the Kent family. Each year, scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate the highest level of integrity and commitment to pursuing their goals for their career. Applicants must be the legal dependent child of a full time Kent Companies employee and be under the age of 26. Applicants must be enrolled full time in college or a tech/trade school. Click here to apply for the Make it Happen Scholarship. Deadline: March 31st.
Unum Open Enrollment – Now through April 1
Unum is our voluntary life and accidental death and dismemberment plan. Open enrollment is from 2/1/19 to 4/1/19. During open enrollment, you can enroll in new coverage or make changes to your existing coverage. Contact Human Resources for signup forms and details about these benefits.