Save the Date – Pathfinder Midterm Breakfast
Thursday, August 29th at 6am
Grand Rapids Training Room
All Pathfinders should attend the midterm breakfast to share wins & opportunities to improve as we move into fall. Please come prepared to share the following items:
- What’s gone well for you as a Pathfinder in your relationship with your mentee?
- What have you struggled with in interacting with your mentee?
- What ideas do you have to improve the interaction with your mentee?
- What struggles has your mentee had in adjusting to “life at Kent”?
- How have the weekly newsletters worked for you? What works good? What needs to be changed??
- How do you plan to take advantage of the tool credit program?
- Any other feedback that can make this program better?
What is the EAC (Employee Assistance Center)?
The EAC is a free employment benefit for full-time employees (after 90 days of employment). You can access professional counseling and resources to help with life’s challenges (like personal problems, death of a loved one, alcoholism, marital pressure, financial stress).
What does it cost?
Initial appointments at the EAC are available free of charge. Trained professional counselors will help you identify and, in many cases, help empower you to solve your problems or refer you to area providers who can help. Out-of-pocket costs, if any, from referrals are often covered by your health care insurance.
How do I access the Employee Assistance Center?
- KCI employees: Use “KCI”
- KCSE employees: Use “KCSE”
- Are you familiar with how to access EAC information?
- Can you give your mentee 1-2 examples of real-life situations that would be a good reason to use the EAC resources?
- Who should an employee lean on if they’re having problems at home, personal problems or other issues?