What’s Next in 2020?
Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
The new year starts with great programs for the entire Kent team. Here’s a forecast for what you’ll see in the coming weeks:
- Level Up Safety Challenge: Our video challenge returns for 4 weeks starting January 13th. Weekly cash prizes!
- Make it Happen Scholarship Program: Applications are accepted January 1-March 31st each year. Click here for more information.
- Unum Life Insurance Open Enrollment runs from 2/1/20 through 4/1/20. More details to come!
- Local Recruitment & Workforce Development: You can volunteer for programs like Groundhog Day Career Shadowing (February) and MICareerQuest (May). Contact the Human Resources team for more information.
Financial Peace University – Sign Up Now!
Wednesday Evenings – 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
January 29th through March 27th – Nine Weeks
Location: Kentwood Community Church – 1200 60th Street Southeast Kentwood, MI 49508
There is a special incentive available for all Grand Rapids employees and spouses to enroll in Financial Peace University, a nine-week money management course from Dave Ramsey.
Here’s how it works:
- Kent Companies will pay for half the costs of the materials up front, and will reimburse the employee for their half of the cost if the employee attends at least 7 out of the 9 classes. That means you pay $50 up front to enroll, but you are fully reimbursed if you attend at least seven classes.
- All employees and their spouses are eligible to attend the class.
- The employees will NOT be paid for their time in class.
Click here to enroll in Financial Peace University – January 2020.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Amy Vega by calling 616-534-4909.
FSA Debit Cards
For employees who enrolled in WageWorks FSA (2019) and Basic (2020), please note:
- WageWorks FSA accounts and associated debit cards will still be used for 2019 eligible expenses.
- Carryover amounts will not shift to Basic until after 4/1/2020.
- Debit cards related to 2020 FSA accounts will be coming from Basic in the next few weeks.
If you have questions about your benefits, contact Human Resources at any time!
Paid Time Off
As of January 1, your Paid Time Off (PTO) bank resets to your full amount for the calendar year 2020. Your time off is based on years of service. Employees eligible for PTO can access their hours immediately.
Please note the following reminders as we transition from 2019 to 2020:
- Up to 40 hours from 2019 will roll over to use in the following year (2020).
- Any unused time over 40 hours will be paid out in mid-January. This will be a separate check and will be direct deposited if you are set up for direct deposit.
- Your PTO balance is visible on your pay stub. Click here to access your pay stub online.
If you have questions about your PTO, please contact Human Resources by calling 616-534-4909.
Grand Rapids – Layout Engineer
Are you looking for a change in your career? We are currently looking for a Layout Engineer in Grand Rapids!
Details include but are not limited to:
- Layout and assist Field Superintendents/Foreman with control points and lines on the jobsites.
- Operate and Maintain robotic total station and all its components
- Provide control points / lines requested by field superintendents
- Assist with layout of anchor bolts and embeds
- Request CAD files / blueprints from project managers to create project points
- Verify original control given by CM/GC
- Order staking materials as needed
- Manage layout time efficiently.
- Create layout (shop) drawings of embeds
Strong math skills, basic knowledge of AutoCAD software, and Microsoft Excel and surveying experience are also strongly desired.
All applicants will be considered, and training will be provided. If you are interested, please contact Mindy or Sarah in Human Resources.