What’s Up with Tilt-Up? Construction Technique Offers Speed to Market, Cost Efficiency and Design Flexibility
When working with owners and general contractors, we know your priorities are speed, schedule and cost. It’s our job to advise and equip you with the best options to meet those needs. Working in tandem with each other, we can exceed your project expectations.
Tilt-up concrete construction is best suited for box-like structures such as distribution centers and manufacturing facilities. However, it is increasingly applied to retail centers, industrial office space and even schools.
Tilt-up construction offers owners and developers strategic advantages over wood-frame, steel beam, prefabricated steel frame and masonry construction techniques.
- Accelerated Schedule: The site-cast concrete panels are produced on the project site, eliminating extensive facility fabrication times and delivery logistics. Tilt-wall panels are formed and poured either on a casting slab or the slab on grade for the project. Through this process, the building envelope can be enclosed quickly, enabling subsequent trades to start work faster.
- Design flexibility: Tilt-up concrete panels can be formed with clean lines or intricate designs to bring an architect’s vision to life. In fact, tilt-up concrete can accommodate changes in design late in the process, allowing an owner or developer to walk the job site and make design decisions on the spot.
- Safety: The majority of the tilt-wall construction work is performed at ground level, keeping crews out of the air.
Tilt-up’s accelerated project schedule, design flexibility and safety make it a highly cost-effective choice for your commercial project.
Check out our past tilt-up projects that demonstrate how the Kent team stands up to a challenge:
- First Arlington Commerce Center
- Mercedes-Benz USA
- Midwest Energy & Communications
- One Silver Crescent Office Building & Parking Deck
- Tollway Center
- Wildlife Commerce Park
Let’s talk tilt-up when you’re planning your next project. Contact us today for a consultation.