Building new skylines is exciting, but building opportunities for our people is the real reason we’re here.
Kent Companies grows when our people grow, and it’s our job to provide every member of the team with challenging, fulfilling work to build a meaningful career.
Your career trajectory at Kent Companies depends on several variables – and you’re in control of the most important ones. When we talk about the RED Code (Responsibility, Expertise and Determination), we’re looking for individuals who work with integrity every day. Commitment to our Four Hallmarks (Safety, Productivity, Quality and Customer Service) is essential; it’s the stamp of excellence we put on our every job, every time.
We recognize leaders who grow from within our team because they’re bringing Kent Companies’ mission, make it happen culture and the merit shop philosophy to life. Get to know these three professionals who earned promotions to leadership positions. Their commitment is incredible, and they’re examples of how to build something more every day.
Lamont Hardge, Superintendent, Fort Mill, South Carolina
- With a nearly 20-year tenure at Kent Companies, Lamont Hardge made the move from our Detroit-based office to the Carolinas in early 2021.
- Lamont stepped up from foreman to a superintendent role to lead the underlayments field teams based in the Charlotte market. As a superintendent, he oversees daily job site safety, operations and project delivery.
- Lamont credits his mentor and project manager, Ed Hardesty, for guiding him and pushing him to always do his best. He’s based in the Southeast full time, but he continues to stay connected with his teammates in the Midwest.
- Looking ahead, Lamont hopes to continue building the Southeast underlayments team and strengthening the division’s footprint throughout the region.
Kevin Arevalo, Project Engineer, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Kevin Arevalo’s experience is a great example of combining field and office experience. Starting as a laborer, he quickly progressed from skilled laborer to carpenter and right-hand man before becoming a project engineer.
- In his new position, Kevin helps project managers with daily tasks, scheduling and ordering materials. He says it is key to be detail-oriented and organized.
- Kevin looks up to his dad, who has been a foreman for 25 years; Senior Foreman Tommy Chapin; and Superintendent Troy Klinger.
- Kevin’s favorite project he has worked on is the award-winning Studio Park Ramp. “It’s everything you could want in a job,” Kevin said. He hopes to keep progressing and driving productivity for his team.
Rodolfo Santillan, Safety Manager, Austin, Texas
- Rising in the ranks, Rodolfo Santillan started in the field and has experience as a laborer, carpenter, equipment operator, finisher, and rodbuster. With his well-rounded field experience, he made the move to safety coordinator.
- Rodolfo was recently promoted to safety manager for Kent Companies’ Central Texas operations. His responsibilities include overseeing the company’s safety programs, developing training programs and providing safety leadership on job site planning.
- As evidence of his commitment to safety, Rodolfo earned additional industry certifications including OSHA 500 and OSHA 510.
- Rodolfo is a servant leader at heart; he knew he wanted to help people through this professional work. Leading safety is one of the best ways that he can help other people.
There is always opportunity to build something more for yourself, your team and your community – and Kent Companies will help you make it happen.