Tucked away on the Thornapple River in Michigan is the City of Hastings, a vibrant community with quaint shops and unique restaurants. Located in the heart of Barry County, this small town is getting a facelift after nearly 30 years.
Kent Companies and Katerburg Verhage are working together to make infrastructure improvements on State Street that include new sidewalks, streetlights, decorative aggregate concrete, and mid-block crosswalks. “Most of the downtown businesses are service-related like shops and restaurants, meaning they remain open during this construction,” shared Division Manager Jordan Berens. “We addressed this project with a strategic and detailed plan to place concrete and keep this downtown district open for business.”
Kent Companies scope:
- 26,790 SF of concrete sidewalks
- 4,100 SF of concrete color bands
- 7,000 SF of concrete color crosswalks
- 10,500 SF of exposed aggregate concrete
- 1,660 LF of concrete curb and gutter
- 708 LF of planter & tree grate curb
- Concrete sculpture pedestal, brick wall foundations, outdoor fireplace foundation, entry feature foundations, and planter foundations
Check out the full project video HERE.