Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Mandatory Safety Stand Down
Thursday, April 19 at 6am
Here’s what you need to know:
- Meet at the Grand Rapids Shop by 6am. (Click here for a Google map.)
- Attendance is required by the entire team.
If you have questions about this event, please contact your Human Resources or Safety Team. You can email one of the following individuals: Mindy Curtiss, Sarah Miller, Carl Aukeman or Dave DeGraaf or call 616-534-4909.
April 2018 Safety Topic: Fall Protection
Our first priority is for every member of the Kent team to return home safely every day. We all bear responsibility for our own safety and the safety of our teammates. That’s why we’re offering an in-depth safety session each month. These workshops are designed to give you practical safety skills that you can apply right away.
Your manager will give you a scheduled time to attend the Fall Protection class during the month of April.
Fall Protection Session Topics:
- Guardrail heights
- Harness inspection
- Proper anchor points
More about Fall Protection:
Working safely at heights is of utmost importance on all of our projects. Fall protection is one of MIOSHA’s “Focus Four” areas because falls from heights are the leading cause of injuries and fatalities in construction. One third of falls occur at heights of 15 feet or less. These incidents are preventable.
You know someone who should work for Kent Companies. Send them our way.
Kent Companies One Day Hiring Event
Saturday, April 21
8am-12pm at the Grand Rapids Office
Here’s what you need to know:
- At the One Day Hiring Event, we’re making hiring decisions on the spot.
- We’ll give applicants a decision in 30 minutes or less.
- New hires will start work with an orientation on Monday, April 23.
- Applicants must have reliable transportation to job sites and a valid ID to start work.
Here’s how you can help:
- Refer your friends and family to apply to Kent Companies. Make sure they list your name on their job application. You earn $100 when they hit the 30 day mark. You cash in on another $250 when they hit the 90 day mark.
- Send your friends and family here apply: http://kentcompanies.com/open-positions/
- Share our event on Facebook. You can find it by clicking here.
Job candidates don’t have to wait for the one-day event to apply! Contact us now!
Do you have questions about your 401(K)?
A representative from Macatawa Bank will be available on Tuesday, April 24th to answer your questions about your 401(K). She will meet one-on-one with anyone who may have questions regarding their retirement savings plan, and how to better plan for the future.
- You must notify Human Resources that you want to attend. The deadline to reserve your space is Wednesday, April 11.
- Email Mindy Curtiss or Sarah Miller to RSVP.