Para leer este boletín en Español, abra el mensaje en su navegador y seleccione “Español” en el menú de idioma. En su teléfono, desplácese hasta la parte inferior para buscar el menú de idioma y seleccione “Español.”
Working the RED Code: Ulises Cortez
The RED Code is our rule book for success. Austin Superintendent Ulises Cortez shares his perspective on leadership and how to make big things happen as a team.
We want your leadership perspective too. What are your keys to success? If you want to be interviewed about the RED Code, email Leah Gradl.
Kent Companies Gives Back: Nominations Now Open!
An important part of our mission is to give back in the communities where we build every day. YOU help us decide where we should give back in the community. Every April, Kent Companies employees can nominate their favorite charities and non-profit organizations for a charitable contribution. Nominations are accepted through April 30, 2019.
New this year, an employee committee will help evaluate all nominations. You can volunteer to help with this process in your local office. The time commitment is one meeting (in person or virtual) in early May. Contact Leah Gradl with questions.
Kent Companies Texas – Commercial Division
Project: Amazon Air Project 101
General Contractor: Hillwood Construction Services
Project Team: General Superintendent Thomas Casillas, Superintendent Fidel Salazar, Project Manager Melissa Kersh
Amazon Air Project 101 includes piers and grade beams; over 570,000 square feet of slab; 130 tilt-wall panels; 472,000+ square feet of slab on deck; and 1.2 million square feet of paving.
Construction Trades Students Tour Studio Park – Grand Rapids
Several members of the Grand Rapids team partnered with First Companies Inc. to host construction trades students from Allegan Tech Center on a job site tour at Studio Park. The students connected classroom concepts to real-world construction as they reviewed rebar and post-tension systems, garage beams, and overall concrete construction job site management.
Thank you to David DeGraaf and Mike Thomas for serving as tour guides. Thanks to our all of our field experts including General Superintendent Troy Clinger, Mario Torrez, Clayton Schlotterbeck, Chris Fennema and Bruce Bolhuis. We’re grateful to Andy Findling and all of the instructors at Allegan for coordinating this real-world learning experience!
Save the Date: Saturday, May 4th – 8am-12pm
We’re hosting a one-day hiring event on Saturday, May 4th, and we need your help to make this event a success! We’re conducting interviews and making job offers on the spot. Candidates can interview on Saturday, and start with orientation on Monday.
Help us Make it Happen:
- Refer Your Friends & Family: Remember, you can earn up to $600 in cash and work boot incentives when you refer qualified candidates to our team. They must list your name on their application.
- Volunteer: We’re seeking 4-5 Foremen or Right Hand Men to help host this event. Earn $50 credit to the Kent Companies online store for your time. You’ll help answer candidates’ questions and tell them why you love working for Kent Companies. Shifts are 8am-10am and 10am-12pm on May 4th.
- Share on Social Media: Get entered into a drawing for a $100 Visa card by sharing our One Day Hiring Event on Facebook. Make sure your privacy settings let us see that you’ve shared our event, or take a screenshot and send us proof that you shared it.
Stay tuned for more contests and prizes for the One Day Hiring Event.
Craft Training Opportunities for the Entire Field Team
Upcoming craft training classes in Grand Rapids include:
- Concrete Foundations – Begins April 10
- Concrete Flatwork & Paving – Begins May 8
- Shoring & Vertical Formwork – Begins May 29